|Research Interests|| Primary interests: General linear modelling and Survival Analysis
Secondary interests: Child and Maternal Health
|Bio sketch||Boikhutso is a bio-statistician for the college of health sciences at UKZN as well as a lecturer in the discipline of Public Health Medicine. He is actively involved in the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision in the school of Nursing and Public health.
His research interests are mainly on statistical modelling (general linear models and survival analysis. He also has an interest on child and maternal health in sub-Saharan Africa.
1. Knowledge, attitudes and practices of hospital based staff regarding physical activity at a private hospital in Johannesburg-SAFP(2021)-Ramautar Y, Dlungwane T,Tlou B DOI: 10.4102/safp.v63i1.5131
2. Prevalence of abnormal glucose metabolism among adults attending an outpatient department at a tertiary referral hospital in Swaziland: a cross-sectional study – BMC Public Health(2020)- Gbadamos MA, Tlou B https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-020-08489-9
3. Morbidity and mortality from road injuries: results from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017-BMJ OPEN(2020)-SL James, LR Lucchesi, C Bisignano, CD Castle, ZV Dingels, JT Fox, Tlou B doi:10.1136/injuryprev-2019-043302
4. Mapping geographical inequalities in childhood diarrhoeal morbidity and mortality in low-income and middle-income countries, 2000–17: analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017 – THE LANCET(2020)- RC Reiner Jr, SI Hay, KE Wiens, A Deshpande, MM Baumann, Tlou B doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(20)30114-8.
5. Modifiable risk factors associated with non-communicable diseases among adult outpatients in Manzini, Swaziland: a cross-sectional study – BMC Public Health(2020) – Gbadamosi MA, Tlou B DOIhttps://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-020-08816-0
6. Electronic Health Information Systems to Improve Disease Diagnosis and Management at Point-of-Care in Low and Middle-Income Countries: A Narrative Review- Diagnostics(2020)– Khubone T , Mashamba-Thompson TP , Tlou B doi:10.3390/diagnostics10050327
7. Does acid reflux precipitate ischaemia in subjects with acute coronary syndrome-Cardiovasc J Afr (2020)- George SK, Tlou B, Ponnusamy S, Naidoo DP DOI: 10.5830/CVJA-2019-048
8. Overview of lower urinary tract symptoms post-trauma intensive care unit admission- African Journal of Urology(2020) – Sekyere E.O, Hardcastle T.C, Tlou B, Sathiram R https://doi.org/10.1186/s12301-020-00027-8
9. Five insights from the global burden of disease study 2019-The Lancet (2020)- Murray CJL, Abbafati C,Abbas KM, Abbasi M, …..Tlou B, doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(20)31404-5
10. Risk factors associated with high prevalence of intimate partner violence amongst school-going young women (aged 15–24years) in Maputo, Mozambique- PLoS one (2020)- Maguele MS, Tlou B, Taylor M, Khuzwayo N, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0243304